Special podcast episode provides updates on the state of the water industry, featuring interviews from across the storm water, water quality and wastewater industries
Wrapping up 2021, Talking Under Water hosts Lauren Del Ciello, Bob Crossen and Katie Johns present the third annual special State of the Industry episode. The hosts touch briefly on the recent passage of the Infrastructure Investment & Jobs Act; however, the bulk of the conversation focuses on the State of the Industry.
Del Ciello, Crossen and Johns each share key snippets and trends from their individual brands/markets (Water Quality Products, Water & Wastes Digest, Storm Water Solutions) regarding what they have been seeing through State of the Industry surveys and subsequent reports, which dive deep into the the wastewater, storm water and water quality sectors respectively. Finally, the hosts dig into a discussion on cross-sector overlap. In January, the podcast will be back with the regular format of news discussion plus a guest interview.
- Infrastructure Bill Passes House; Impacts on Storm Water Breakdown
- State of the Industry Report by Brand
- WQP State of the Industry 2021
- WWD State of the Industry 2021
- SWS State of the Industry 2021
- Listen to last year’s State of the Industry episode—Talking Under Water Episode 35: State of the Industry 2020
- Cold Open: 0:00
- Host introduction: 0:46
- Episode overview: 1:03
- Bipartisan Infrastructure Law overview: 2:12
- Municipal water and wastewater breakdown and headwinds: 3:28
- Storm water breakdown: 4:41
- Residential and commercial water breakdown: 5:33
- State of the Industry overview
- State of the Industry for Water Quality Products: 7:19
- State of the Industry for Water & Wastes Digest: 9:53
- State of the Industry for Storm Water Solutions: 14:17
- Supply chain disruption: 17:54
- Staffing, recruiting and retention: 23:17
- Funding, regulation, and permitting: 29:04
- Inflation: 33:34
- Housekeeping: 37:28
- Outro: 39:05
- End: 39:51
- WQP is now accepting nominations for our Industry Icon award program. Submit nominations at wqpmag.com/nominations by January 1st.
- Watch the Top Projects videos at bit.ly/2021wwdtopprojects. Also, nominate for WWD Young Pros at bit.ly/wwdyoungprosnomination. Nominations close in March, but it is never too early to recognize the rising stars in your organization!
- SWS is now accepting nominations for its Young Pros and Industry Icon. To submit nominations, visit https://bit.ly/SWSawards.
About the Podcast
Talking Under Water is the premier podcast for the water industry, including municipal and industrial water and wastewater, residential water treatment, storm water management and erosion control. It is produced in coordination between Water & Wastes Digest (WWD), Water Quality Products (WQP) and Storm Water Solutions (SWS). The podcast covers topics under the One Water movement including the municipal and industrial water and wastewater, point of use, point of entry, residential, storm water and erosion control markets. Talking Under Water highlights news, trends, new technologies, industry discussions and on-site interviews with experts for WWD, WQP and SWS. New episodes of the podcast are released on the third Friday of every month. Logo Images: Anatoly Tiplyashin / Romolo Tavani / stock.adobe.com.
Contact the Talking Under Water podcast editors by emailing [email protected] or engaging with them on Twitter @TUWpodcast. Join the conversation by commenting or using the hashtag #talkingunderwaterpod on social media.